Our clinic offers Traditional Chinese Medicine for patients that need support in their journey to conception. Whether you are using Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) or not, acupuncture has proven to be beneficial in increasing the chances of pregnancy.
How Does Acupuncture help improve fertility?
1. Acupuncture balances and normalizes the hormones and endocrine system that govern ovulation.
2. Acupuncture can regulate the menstrual cycle
3. Acupuncture reduces stress and anxiety, and takes the body out of "fight-or-flight" mode. Hormones and chemicals that are secreted during stress can significantly decrease fertility.
4. Acupuncture promotes blood flow to the uterus and reproductive organs
5. Acupuncture reduces inflammation and can modulate the immune response which is important with auto-immune infertility disorders.
Conditions Treated include:
• Unexplained Infertility
• Advanced Maternal Age
• Male Factor
• Luteal Phase Defect
• High FSH
• IVF Poor Responders
• IVF Implantation Failure
• Recurrent Pregnancy Losss
• Uterine Fibroids
• ART complementary enhancement (Acupuncture with IVF or IUI)
• Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Services for Fertility:
• Pre & Post Embryo Transfer Acupuncture (optional home visit for post)
• Custom blended phasic herbal formulation
• Ovulation stimulation
• Nutritional Counseling & Lifestyle recommendations
• Emotional support
Acupuncture & Fertility
Studies have shown that adding acupuncture to an IVF cycle can increase the chances of a successful pregnancy. Please read the following research abstracts for more information.
Acupuncture & Male Factor
Research indicates that acupuncture & herbs can increase sperm motility and quality.
Acupuncture & PCOS
Acupuncture & Endometriosis